Thursday, December 16, 2010

Hachi / Hachiko




















My friend recommended the movie Hachi: The Dog's Tale because of my Nico (Akita). I sort of knew what the movie was about but I had no idea I would be crying myself to sleep. The movie was so moving and incredible I hope everyone gets to see it. If you are a dog lover you can see a little bit of Hachi in every dog. Hachi was known for his loyalty towards his owner, a professor he found in 1924. They would have daily routine of meeting at the train station before heading home together. They had a full year together until one day while Hachi was waiting for him... The professor never showed up (he passed away).




















Hachi waited and waited for the next 9 years at the station. People who took that commute all got to know him and would often bring him treats. The dog became so famous and loved by the country that they even made a statue of him and have an annual ceremony celebrating his loyalty.




















You can read more about it here and how his story was told and lived on... Below is the movie trailor:






















After watching this I couldn't help but snuggle with Nico. And the funny thing about Nico is when I first got her she always reminded me of a statue or a soldier because she will just sit and wait and wait and wait...and shes very still. I feel so lucky to have found her and have a little Hachi in my life!

Here's another great video about Hachiko!

10 comments:

  1. i cried all nte
    nw wenever i rem hachi i m overwhelmed.
    i hve dog n i dread partng 4m hm i kno one day i hve to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i watched this movie with somefriends at a sleepover and me ad my friends cryed cos it was so sad when the dog waited and waited and waited every time we think about it and it being a true story is just overwelming

    ReplyDelete
  3. even though i watch this movie many times i really cant control my tears i cant stop my eyes to cry it really touchess my heart the love and loyalty he showed

    ReplyDelete
  4. there is nothing more faithful than a dog as a pet My german shephard [ harley ] passed may 19 2011 I still cry cause i miss him so he was the best friend i ever had.When i watched the movie the tears were rolling down my face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard the story of Hachiko or Hatch, really is a beautiful touching story.
    there exsist two film versions, one Japanese and other American.
    Thank you for the article

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too have a labrador..and I named him Hachi...!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My best dog movie thus far! I lost my dog 17 years ago and I still miss him. This movie reminded him badly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Watched the movie last night and here I am on the computer searching for more info on him. Tears are hitting the table. I believe this story and these lives were a lesson from God. A lesson of loyalty, a lesson of acceptance, a lesson of unconditional love. Something God wants for all of us to follow but is so hard to attain. That is why God gave us Dogs, to remind us of how we should be. I hope this story lives on forever.

    ReplyDelete