Monday, August 23, 2010

Silkscreening... FUN!




















I just finished silkscreen 101 and was happy to learn the process from A-Z. It was cool to physically do everything from start to finish. We were taught that preparation is KEY and the goal is to have multiple (25-50) pulls that are consistent of:

Registration
Color
Paper Material

I did none. :-( I don't know why I did not think to do this but I ended up doing the opposite and used whatever material I can get my hands on. I would use one color for 1-2 pulls and then slap on another color on top. I would blindly place the screen to the substrate I was printing on and hoping it would be centered and pretty.

One thing that was consistent was our muses. Nico and George. Here are some samples of work from APak and I:



























































3 comments:

  1. i don't think my first comment posted....great job...everything looks awesome. congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Christine that looks really cool.

    ReplyDelete